"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired.”

- George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Treasures In The Amazon

Back in March when I purchased a pair of Adidas Supernova Glide 2 shoes from Road Runner Sports I was a little nervous about what to do when they were worn out. To that point, all of my shoes came from the Adidas Outlet store for $40 or less. My wife and I live on a budget and the thought of having the conversation every few months about needing another $100 pair of shoes wasn't something I looked forward to.

I started looking around on Ebay and found some savings here and there. After shipping though, the final price got to be up around $75 anyway. For a little more I can go buy them in the store and have the 60-day return policy.

Then I searched on Amazon.com. I don't know how things are priced on Amazon, but the same Supernova Glide 2 shoe I've been wearing, in the same color and the same size was listed at $27.99 this morning (other colors and sizes are varying prices -- I don't know why). With free shipping. From Road Runner Sports (60-day return policy still in effect).

So I bought 3 pairs. My wife's response? "Good find."

Indeed.

(p.s. I just checked Amazon again a few minutes ago, just three hours after my purchase -- back to $70/pair. Good find, indeed.)

No comments: