"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired.”

- George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Back On My Feet Update

I wrote about the Back On My Feet organization a few months ago. Great organization. They've expanded to five chapters in the East now and are looking to add five more chapters in 2011.

I just received the following from Sandi Maro, Vice President, Growth and Expansion, Back On my Feet:
Tomorrow (Wednesday, 5/26) morning during the 9 a.m. hour on the NBC Today show, a segment on our organization, which was shot 5/21 at a Baltimore MCVET team run, will air. On Friday, as a follow up, Anne will be on Today LIVE, with a small group of other nonprofit leaders, in the 8 a.m. hour. As is always the case with media, times may change, but look for Back on My Feet and Anne then! Please share this exciting news with friends and colleagues who you think would enjoy learning more about Back on My Feet.
If you'd like more information regarding Anne or BOMF, please take a look at their website. If you'd like to contribute to their existing chapters or to their expansion efforts, I've set up a Mind Over Body Marathon fundraising page where you may do so. I am compensated in no way by BOMF, I just think their message, purpose and approach are outstanding. Take a few minutes to check them out.

No comments: