"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired.”

- George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian

Thursday, January 28, 2010

From the Experiences of Others

There are plenty people detailing their running experiences in the blogosphere. I've glanced at many people's sites and have found there are a few I gravitate back to more than others. Some are training for their first marathons, like me, while others are regular finishers of 26.2 miles. There's a lot to be learned from other people's experiences. I've certainly come across things that I hadn't considered with regards to my training, race-day prep, what to expect during the actual race and much more. I've linked to a few of my favorite blogs in the right-hand column. Take a look and tell them I sent you. Happy running.

No comments: